Go beyond Virtual Desktop Infrastructure with VpsCity
Since the dawning of mankind, businesses of all sizes have struggled with the expense, inflexibility and annoyance of desktop computers. Every time a staff member comes aboard, departs, spills a cup of coffee, loses a laptop or downloads a virus, an organisation has to hurry to resolve the issue.
The good news? Those days are done. We’re no longer held hostage by legacy systems lurking in our cubicles. In fact, the development of cloud computing and cloud desktops (also known as virtualised desktop infrastructure or VDI) has changed the playing field – forever.
Want to find out more before determining if VDI is right for your organisation? Please keep reading to discover the reasons to leverage cloud desktops:
- Reduction in IT Spend – Between the software licenses, IT staffing requirements and basic power consumption, traditional desktop environments can represent a huge chunk of your yearly operating costs. Cloud desktops offer a simple cost structure per month and per seat, making it easy for you to budget and plan for IT expenses – and for your bosses to marvel at your wisdom.
- Security, Security, Security – As anyone who has ever struggled to maintain a secure environment or – worse yet – a compliant environment can attest: security is no laughing matter. Every day, employees download file sharing platforms, open weird attachments from emails and leave their laptops unattended. With cloud desktops, all of your files and data are protected from this misconduct because they don’t live on your employees’ hard drives; they live in the cloud. And, if you’re with a leading cloud service provider like VpsCity, that data is also protected with firewalls, automatic backups and disaster recovery applications.
- Green Advantages – In today’s competitive environment, every bit counts. With a cloud desktop environment, your organisation will not only be able to cut back on its energy costs (a VDI session has a significantly lower heat output – and thus significantly lessened need for fan usage – than a traditional desktop computer) but also use its new “green consciousness” to attract new sales and save the planet at the same time. A true win-win-win if ever there was one.
- Maintenance Made Easy – Companies with traditional desktop computers often make the mistake of waiting until a problem pops up to perform maintenance. With virtualised desktops, the desktops can be – and typically are – reset at the end of each day, which makes everything run more smoothly, more quickly and much more safely than the alternative. This is usually performed by your Managed Service Provider, such as VpsCity.
- Improved Employee Work Life – There is nothing that demotivates a staff more than slow, broken and out-of-date computer systems. With VDI, any user having difficulty with the hardware at their workstation can simply switch to another workstation and pick up right where they left off. All of their data and applications will be available across the board. No more employees tearing their hair out because of poor technology!
Features of VDI thin clients
For users, all the virtual desktops are centrally located, making it easier to control access to confidential data. In addition, the office environment is strictly controlled and standardised. Users enjoy the reliability, data protection, and disaster recovery capabilities provided through the server applications. Shared memory is used to store and backup all desktop data.
Through user state virtualisation and application virtualisation, users can easily create an office desktop environment connected to user accounts and stored. By deploying enterprise applications and information security to the virtual machines (VMs), VDI technology helps to ensure that confidential information stays within the VM.
VpsCity customises VDI to satisfy all clients
We provide benefits beyond standard VDI appliance solutions, delivering fully-functioning virtual Windows desktops and the applications employees need to remain productive. A virtual desktop delivered by us looks and feels the same as a locally installed desktop —even with demanding applications.
We provide remote PC access to instantly deliver desktop virtualisation benefits without the need to migrate desktops to the data centre. Users get a secure, high-definition, direct connection to their office PC.
We pair the user personalisation benefits of virtual desktop infrastructure appliances with the administrative efficiencies of single image management to deliver a desktop virtualisation solution that meets the needs of both users and IT admins.
We also enable automated desktop thin provisioning to simplify image management of small and large deployments of virtual desktops and virtual servers. Thin provisioning reduces the cost and complexity of VDI and shared storage below that of managing a local PC.
Work with VpsCity
Do you have a desire to outsource your entire virtual application or desktop environment as a turn-key service? Engage with one of our experts and subscribe to hosted, enterprise-class services to get started. Provide secure remote access to employees while cutting IT costs and strengthening your business.