Microsoft Systems Administrator Closed
We have a vacancy available in our East Tamaki office for a Microsoft System Administrator roll. The role involves, managing the daily operations of designing, planning, developing, installing, troubleshooting, maintaining, and supporting systems based on Microsoft platforms and associated server hardware, software, and databases to ensure optimum system integrity, security, backup, and performance.
- Position: Microsoft Systems Administrator/Engineer
- Status: Closed
- Job Type: Full time
- Location: East Tamaki, Auckland
- When: Immediate
- Designing, planning, developing, installing, troubleshooting, maintaining, and supporting failover reliable infrastructure based on Microsoft Remote Desktop Services Farm Deployments with integration of Exchange Mail Servers
- Setting up Active Directory structure with Group Policies Objects, based on clients' requirements
- Working with IBM SAN's and HP Blade Centres (training will be provided)
- Virtual Private and Cloud Enterprise servers (training will be provided)
- Installing, troubleshooting, maintaining and supporting of various software products such as MYOB, Sage, InspHire, Microsoft Access and MS Office family
- Working with Microsoft SQL Servers, maintaining, backup and restore clients' databases
- Responsibilities may also include monitoring and attending to alerts and events, assisting customers, facilities security and local provisioning of services and equipment as well as assist or conduct maintenance on any of the Data Centre equipment requested from time to time (training will be provided)
- High quality customer service & maintaining company's reputation
- Work well with a team in a fast paced, constantly changing environment and follow instructions from supervisors and senior colleagues
- Assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring PC performance – both company and customers
- Accurately document instances of hardware failure, repair, installation, and removal
- Windows Applications, FTP, DNS, MS Exchange, MS SQL server, DFS replication and a good understanding of UNC paths and networking
- Planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure system provisioning and maintenance that is consistent with company goals, industry best practices and regulatory requirements
- Perform server and security audits, analyse system, server, application, and network performance, coordinate with end users and technical staff to implement and maintain systems that utilise industry best practices to meet business objectives, while maintaining the security and integrity of the data, system and network
- Document procedures
- Regular application installations, configurations, and day-to-day administration
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned from time to time
Applicants must have the relevant skills/knowledge to carry out these tasks, along with excellent verbal and written communication.
- 2-5 years’ experience in an MS Administrative role
- A broad understanding of general business principles and practices.
- At least one Microsoft core certification, MCP, MCSE, MCSA, MCTS and MCITP
- MS Exchange administration
- Additional Microsoft or industry certification
- As you will be dealing with our clients directly, it is essential that you are fluent in the English language both verbal and written
- As you may need to travel around Auckland to meet with the company's clients, it is absolutely essential that you have at least a restricted driver's license and a vehicle
- You will need to be available to work Monday to Friday, from 8.30 am, for at least 8 hours each day. Ideally, you will be able to commit on a long-term basis
- If you are a recent graduate or someone that is looking to gain valuable experience in IT, then apply now so you don't miss this great opportunity!
If you are excited by joining a fast paced company in an ever changing market and working alongside like minded and extremely talented people, then do not hesitate to apply for this roll now.
- Please provide a Cover Letter
- Please provide a CV
- Please provide contact details for a referee
Only people with the right to live and work in New Zealand may apply for this role. For this position, you must be available for an interview in Auckland. Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Please use the form below if you wish to apply for this role.