Senior PHP Developer / Senior Project Manager Closed
We are looking for a passionate Senior PHP Developer / Senior Project Manager to join our company. The role will sit within a cross-functional agile development team and report directly to our CEO.
The opportunity provides exposure to a broad range of technologies, as we produce high-quality solutions for our own company and our clients. As a Senior Developer and Project Manager, you'll be involved in important decisions for your squad's projects including architecture and technology stack. The right candidate will enjoy working in a fast-paced cloud environment while living and breathing an agile mindset.
- Position: Senior PHP Developer / Senior Project Manager
- Status: Closed
- Job Type: Full time
- Location: East Tamaki, Auckland
- When: Immediate
Benefits and perks
If you're seeking a challenging and rewarding opportunity to work with a professional, fun-loving team, read on!
- You're a brilliant developer with a true passion for online technologies
- You're excellent at communicating with your team and with clients
- You love learning new skills and working with new technology
- You're passionate about sharing your knowledge and mentoring those around you
- You have extensive experience developing and extending websites and web-based applications using clean, extensible code
- You have full-time working rights in New Zealand
As a senior developer, you will be a part of a full-stack creative team that is responsible for all aspects of the ongoing software development from the initial specification, through to developing, testing and launching.
- Web and application development
- Implementing day-to-day changes and modifications of existing systems
- Writing optimised, clean and robust code, scripts to manage systems
- Writing documentation
- Producing detailed specifications
- Troubleshooting and testing product software and databases to ensure strong optimisation and functionality
- Managing scheduled code releases
- Monitoring storage systems and virtualisation environment
- Optimising databases for performance
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written
- Outstanding problem solving/troubleshooting
- ERP or ecommerce background
- Experience with cloud environments
- 10+ years’ experience in PHP development and Project Management
- Developing websites, software applications, database and web application development
- Advanced understanding of PHP MVC Frameworks
- Writing robust, clean and documented code
- Fluent in OOP PHP, PHP MVC, PHP v7+, HTML5, Smarty, Responsive Design
- Laravel, Websockets, NodeJS, NPM, Composer, Oauth2, Git
- AJAX, jQuery, VueJS, JSON
- MySQL, Postgress SQL, MS SQL, Redis, Memcache
- Bootstrap V3 and V4, CSS3, LESS, SASS
- Bash, Powershell scripting
- IPTables, IPSet, Virtualisation - (KVM, OpenVZ, Virsh)
- Disk management - (LVM, LVM Clustering).
- IBM storage systems, HP Blade systems
- Good knowledge of Windows, Linux, Mac OS
- You will need to be available to work Monday to Friday, anytime from 8am, for at least 8 hours each day
- Ideally, you will be able to commit on a long-term basis. Pay rate will be dependent on experience
- It is imperative that you have clear communication skills as it is vital for conversing with the team in your day to day working environment
- You will need to be willing to follow and adhere to our ticketing systems and processes
- Please provide a Cover Letter
- Please provide a CV
- Please provide contact details for a referee
Only people with the right to live and work in New Zealand may apply for this role. For this position, you must be available for an interview in Auckland. Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Please use the form below if you wish to apply for this role.