Support Engineer Closed
We have a vacancy available in our East Tamaki office for a IT Support Engineer (or recent graduates) to work on an ongoing basis starting ASAP.
- Position: Junior Support Technician
- Status: Closed
- Job Type: Full time
- Location: East Tamaki, Auckland
- When: Immediate
- Help desk support Windows, cPanel, VoIP, LAN, Wireless and more
- Administration within network - documenting and keeping network monitor up to date
- Data centre activities
- Updating the ticketing system
- General server, IT and network support & Helpdesk.
- On-Call support when required.
- Design, Deploy and Support LANs/WANs/Wireless Technologies
- Updating and maintaining documentation of client's networks, systems and tickets
- Configure and install various network devices and services including Mikrotik, Arista and Cisco routers, switches, firewalls & servers.
- Maintaining Data Centre Responsibilities including fault finding and Hardware & Software updates on devices.
- Ensure Network operations success through network, server, and infrastructure monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Monitor servers, network equipment, SAN/NAS storage, and other company assets in a regulated ITIL environment.
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution & Serve as L2/L3 contact for customers requiring assistance for troubleshooting services.
- Installation of network gears and servers to meet customer and company needs when required.
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security team
- Deployment and Knowledge of Office 365 and/or Exchange 2013/2016
- Strong knowledge of desktop operating systems (Windows 7/8/10, Mac OS)
- Server Printer Management deployment and support
- Active Directory and Group Policy deployment and support
- Knowledge of Linux and related systems
- Routing/ QoS, Layer 2 & Layer 3 Switching
- Voice over IP(VoIP)
- TCP/IP networking & OSI Model
- Windows server 2008/2012/2016/2019
- Exchange Server 2013/2016
- Active directory & Group Policy
- Experience with SAN / NAS storage
- Knowledge of Cloud Infrastructure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as you will be dealing with our clients directly.
- As you may need to travel around Auckland to meet with the company's clients, it is absolutely essential that you have at least a restricted driver's license and a vehicle
- You will need to be available to work Monday to Friday, from 8.30 am, for at least 8 hours each day. Ideally, you will be able to commit on a long-term basis
- Experience working in a ticket driven service desk environment is essential
- Enthusiastic. Willing to go beyond the call of duty when needed (whether for an outage or complex project).
- A positive attitude and be a problem solver.
- If you are a recent graduate or someone that is looking to gain valuable experience in IT, then apply now so you don't miss this great opportunity!
- Please provide a Cover Letter
- Please provide a CV
- Please provide contact details for a referee
Only people with the right to live and work in New Zealand may apply for this role. For this position, you must be available for an interview in Auckland. Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Please use the form below if you wish to apply for this role.